Sunday, July 8, 2012

Be Still

It's Sunday afternoon and I can't believe it's only 3 days until we journey across the world to meet our sweet daughter for the first time. A flood of emotions comes to mind when I think about the coming days and all that will transpire. Karl has been entertained by me to say the least as I try to keep a perfect house, keep up with the laundry, and just wonder around not knowing what to do with myself as I am anxiously awaiting Wednesday night. Every time someone asks me if I'm ready to go I get a surge of adrenaline/ panic  run through my body as I start to think am I forgetting anything???  I then usually run over to my file of paperwork that we need to take with us making sure it is all there and I'm not missing anything....even though I've checked it like 15 times. Ha! Then there is Karl who hasn't packed one thing yet! He is planning on getting his stuff together tonight. We are happy and blessed to say that my wonderful parents-in-law are letting us borrow their computer for the trip!!! So I will be able to keep up with my blog when we are in China and keep you all posted as we go along on all of our adventures and of course meeting Meili for the first time.

These past few weeks our family has taken the time to just enjoy our last few moments as a family of 3. There's been dates, movies, trips to SDC, the pool, and hanging out with friends. We also as a family ran the 4th of July 5k race at the landing and Karl got 3rd place!  We know that it will be a little more difficult to do those things when Meili gets here..... Okay.... really we are just trying to keep as busy as possible because we are down to counting the hours until she is officially ours. :-) 

These past few weeks have been a little stressful too... we almost thought that Karl would not be able to travel to China (yeah that was scary) but Jesus my Lord and Savior is amazing!!! We prayed and we asked Him for help and you know what he did??  He moved mountains for us and made it possible for Karl to be able to travel!! Jesus is REAL he hears us!!! He cares for us! (If you are reading this and you don't know Jesus....I tell you he is alive and more real than you can imagine) Then on Thursday I wasn't feeling the best and that continued on through Saturday and I started praying asking the Lord to help me get better for our trip and praise God I feel so much better today. I would love for you all to continue to pray for our health as we get ready to travel and as we travel. It's easy for me to start to worry as we get closer and closer to leaving so I am praying for peace and that the Lord would calm my nerves and help me to relax and just trust Him. 


Isiah 26: 3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. 
Verse 4 Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, is the Rock eternal. 
V 12  Lord you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.

While we are in China I am praying that even though we have to be careful about sharing our faith that the people there would see and know, consider and understand that the hand of the Lord has done this. He has placed Meili in our family because he cares for her...and not only for her but for them as well. 

So before we go I am just going to try to take some time and "Be Still" before the Lord in prayer and reading  His word so that he can prepare my heart for all the things to come. Whatever they may be.... Please continue to keep us all in your prayers as we travel. I'm not sure if I will do a final blog post before we leave or not...that all depends on time...but  I will try to post while we are in China for sure. Thank you so much for all of your prayers.



1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled for you guys! It's going to be exhausting and overwhelming...in the most wonderful sort of way!

    I have a friend who lives over there (near where you are traveling, I believe). She said you are very fortunate...that it has become much more difficult to adopt from there lately. But, then, you already knew Meili was a huge blessing from God!

    YOU HAD BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT as far as Christianity goes. Meili needs a mama! I will, however, pray that the Lord's glory will shine through your tightly closed mouth! :)

    ReplyDelete