Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Monday Safari Park Tuesday Rain...

On Monday they took us to the Safari Park which is like a zoo. It was very fun we got to see Pandas, Tigers, Elephants, feed Giraffs, and even got to see tiney newborn baby tigers!! We thought Meili wouldn't like it because one day when we were out she saw a dog and freaked out and so we were thinking she would hate the zoo but she loved it! She even helped me feed the Giraffs! The park is really really nice and I am so glad we went it was so much fun.

Today it has rained all day so we took it easy and picked up the room and chilled out. It was very nice to have a chill day. Meili woke up in a not so good mood...but as the day went on she got happier. I can tell she will have some anger issues to work through but that is understandable and I am glad we are here to help her through it all. She is a beautiful and very smart girl! The orphanage director told us that she will cry in her crib when people are looking but if they turn their head she will stop crying. The foster family took some pictures of her and sent them to me and in some of them she was dressed up and they had curled her hair..it was too funny. We can tell she was a favorite in the home. She has been great at communicating with us. She points and shows us what she wants and we have learned some of the words she speaks so we know what she wants. If she doesn't get what she wants boy she will sure let you know with a high pitched scream. I'm sure that's what you have to do to survive in a group foster home. I am so thankful that she is okay and that she is a survivor and I look forward to teaching her more civiliazed behavior slowly but surely as the days and months go on. I think she will catch on quickly or should I say I hope she catches on quickly...may the Lord give me great patience as I work with her. Overall though she has done really well and I look forward to everyday and every milestone.

Okay funny story from tonight...I had some chocolate and I have been trying to get her to give me a kiss but of course she wouldn't...so I bribed her with chocolate and she gave me one! he..he..he

Tomorrow we have to be up early for our Oath taking ceremony and consulate appointment. So I'm off to get ready for bed. Can't wait until I can post all the fun pictures and videos!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I can't believe I didn't think to check your blog. I have been thinking of you guys so often, and wondering how it's going. Thanks so much for updating, and congratulations on your first kiss from the sweet little firecracker. I say it doesn't matter how it comes, a kiss is a kiss. We will continue to pray your trip will go smoothly! Can't wait to see her (and you guys, too, of course!) The LaDuke's

    ReplyDelete