Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Gotcha Day!!!!

Monday morning we wake up and can't believe that it's the day we will finally get to hold our precious girl!! We are excited, anxious, nervous, and everything inbetween! We got ready and had breakfast, skyped and then headed to a meeting with our guide who went over some things about what to expect in meeting our child for the first time and also we went over a few paperwork things. Then a 2pm we met in the lobby with two other couples that were also getting their children along with us, took some pictures, and boarded the bus. We were all on edge knowing we were about to meet our children for the first time. We entered the building and took the elevator up...we walked into "the room" the room that I have seen a million times on other peoples blogs, the room that I saw everyone meet their child for the first time, and I was in that room!!! Extreme excitement!!! They had us all take a seat...and as I am getting situated I hear someone say is this your baby?? I look up and there she is!!!!!!! Totally not expecting that!!!! The orphanage director was holding her..and then she sat her down on the ground and walked her back into the "holding room" Wow!! That was totally unexpected!! Then they told us to get ready we got up and they brought her back out and handed her to me!!! Gotcha!!! She looked so adorable they had put her hair in pigtails...she was a lot smaller than what I even thought! As I was holding her she started to cry...and I walked her around a bit more and then handed her to Karl so he could hold her as well...and she instantly took to him! He sat down with her and read her a book and showed her the photo album that we had sent. She wanted him to stop at Ian's picture! We gave her some animal crackers and she loved them (wanted to shove too many in her mouth at once) Then we signed some papers and took her back to the room. She decided she didn't want anything to do with me...which I had been fully prepared for that being a possiblility but it is still really hard when it's really happening. The Lord though gave me a peace and a calm about it and I knew it would pass and that eventually she would warm up. When we first got back to the room Karl held her for a bit and then she let me change her diaper...and put some pj's on her..she also let me take her hair down and rub her head. We showed her some toys...and Karl was doing some silly moves and faces and she smiled and even laughed! We took her to eat some Chinese food but she fell asleep and so we came back to the hotel and laid her down for bed. She slept through the night it was great...I felt so blessed to have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment