Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blessings

Yay!! We are back home!! Wow what a journey back it was! First airplane ride was 2 hours and Meili did okay on that one...next plane ride 13 hours...plus one hour waiting on the plane to take off...lets just say my precious one was not exactly happy about it. We got on the plane and she waved to the people sitting in their seats as we walked by and then we sat down. She was very tired and fighting sleep and decided to let us know she was not happy by screaming a high pitch defining scream and we could hear everyone on the airplane say "oh my" Karl and I looked at each other like Lord please help us get through this. Finally she started to get tired and fell asleep and slept most of the plane ride. Praise be to God!! I have felt everyone's prayers over the last few weeks and I can't thank you enough for praying for us! The Lord heard your prayers and He has helped us every step of the way. We are so thankful. When we got off the airplane we were greeted by friends and family :-) Such a blessing to have you all there and we can't thank you all enough for what a warm welcome home it was. Seeing Ian was so awesome I missed him so much and he ran up and gave me a big hug!! I had been missing him something terrible so it was so great to be back together again now as a family of four! When we got home we gave Meili a tour of the house and then laid her down in her crib...she cried a bit and then went to sleep BUT she is still adjusting to the new time zone like all of us and woke up screaming at 3am. I held her for about an hour and then laid her back down and she cried for about 30 min. Poor Ian woke up... so he came down and got in bed with us. So the next morning we were all pretty tired. When Meili got up she did really well and she really likes Ian a lot. She wanted him to feed her breakfast...he..he. Ian is taking on his role of big brother like a pro! He is so wonderful with her and as the day went on they became great friends! He is such a huge help to me...he played with her for a while while I unpacked and tried to get things settled. It is so cute watching them together. Last night went more smoothly less crying at bedtime and she woke up at 4am instead of 3am so we're making progress!! Today she has been a doll and as sweet as can be...running up to us and giving us hugs and kisses! I can't believe how well she is doing..she blows me away with how well she has handled the drastic changes in her life. She is a very happy lovely girl and we love her so much! We couldn't feel more blessed by the Lord and all that he has taken care of for us..and how He has had His hand on us and protected us all. I know also it's because he heard all of your prayers...and I am so thankful for them and for all of you!! I am getting ready to move the pictures from the one computer to the next so as soon as I do that I can post pictures..I know you all have been waiting patiently. Can't wait to get them on here...

No comments:

Post a Comment